Caregiver Overnight NOC Shift
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Loyd's Liberty Homes
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support and serve people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Caregiver with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of these extraordinary people.Description
We are looking for DSP's to work the overnight (AKA "NOC") shifts in our group homes. This position is for awake time, this is not a "sleeping" overnight position.
DSP's are the link to the community for those we serve. Whether you’re helping someone ride the bus for the first time, learn a new skill, do their own laundry, or assist with personal care, at the end of your work day you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Based in residential settings, our DSP's provide assistance with daily activities ranging from meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration, to accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. The overnight shift includes checking on the residents, attending to any needs they may have, assisting with morning routine, and doing some cleaning and meal prep for the following day. In addition, our DSP's support therapeutic and behavioral plans, working closely with our clinical staff, to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
We are looking for those with at least one year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities, mental illness, or traumatic brain injuries. If you are not sure if your experience meets our qualifications, please apply and we will review.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Full compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plans
- Paid Time Off & Holiday pay
- Full and Part time schedules available - regular and consistent, make it easy to plan your life
- An opportunity to build lasting relationships with your co-workers and the people we serve
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Employee discounts
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Free training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- Mileage reimbursement
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~28,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
What we require of you:
- At least High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid CA driver’s license
- One year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or closely related population
- Reliable transportation
- Clearance of criminal background check as required per state licensing regulations
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals.