Primary Location: United States-OR-ORPortland
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
MENTOR Oregon is an abuse aware agency.
We believe in transparent communication with our dedicated and passionate team members while celebrating differences, achievements, lessons learned and change.
Caregivers/ Direct Support Professionals have the privilege to impact the lives of children with special needs in their home and communities. As a Caregiver you will provide direct attendant care, and you will have the opportunity to grow in your understanding of the diverse and unique profiles of the clients you service. CIHS is always eager to hire Caregivers that are energetic, compassionate, fun, creative, and dedicated.
Job Duties Include:
- Address challenging behaviors in the home and community settings
- Support the development of coping skills, linguistic capabilities, and functional capacities
- Implement individualized programs that are designed by Behavior Specialist
- Collect and record data on the child's progress
- Document mandatory shift notes in a timely manner
MENTOR Oregon is seeking part-time Caregivers to work a minimum of 20 hours per week in the Portland Metro Area. The primary hours for these positions fall in the afternoons, evenings, and on the weekends. Applicants should have the ability to work at least 2 afternoons (2PM-7PM) and one weekend shift each week. With many options available, this just may be the perfect career choice for you.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver’s License & Reliable Transportation
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work as a member of an integrative team
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Daily computer and internet access
What MENTOR Oregon offers you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for Full Time employees (working 30 hours or more per week)
- 401K and Retirement plan options
- Annual Bonus when goals are achieved
- Employee Discount's to major retailers
- Paid Training and Holiday Pay
- Casual Dress Code
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- "Network Angels" an Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Pay-it-Forward Education Program
- Truly rewarding work environment
MENTOR Oregon supports adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities through a range of individualized programs across the state. MENTOR Oregon is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of
dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!