Primary Location: United States-NJ-NJGalloway
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
NeuroRestorative New Jersey
Looking for a job helping others? Looking for flexible hours? Looking to start a career in rehabilitative services? We want to hear from you!
Our Life Skills Trainer role is an awesome way to meet whatever your objectives are for your next job. As a Caregiver, or Life Skills Trainer (LST), you will support and assist individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and other neurological challenges who are rebuilding their abilities and regaining their independence.
Full time, part time, and per diem positions are available in the Egg Harbor Township area. We have openings for evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
Rewarding opportunities to provide training, assistance and supervision to program participants in the areas of living skills including: grooming, laundry, cooking, room cleaning, shopping, toileting, and feeding.
As a Life Skills Trainer (LST), you will serve as a residential counselor, assisting individuals in residential settings providing training and supervision with living skills and therapeutic recreation.
· Assist with daily activities such as:
o meal preparation
o personal hygiene
o medication administration
o residential living – laundry, room cleaning, grocery shopping
· Assist with the working relationships between employers and individuals
· Support community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings, or providing transportation to work or other activities
· Work closely with our clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
At the end of each work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
NeuroRestorative New Jersey offers a continuum of post-acute rehabilitation programs for individuals with brain injuries and other neurological challenges. Through Individualized, outcome-driven programs NeuroRestorative New Jersey can meet the needs of participants at any state of post-acute rehabilitation and help regain their independence and become active in their community.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want in a job, we want to hear from you. Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- A caring attitude with a dedication to assisting others
- Successful clearance of background checks, drug screen, motor vehicle report
- Valid driver’s license in good standing (no more than 5 points)
What we offer you:
- Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Paid training. Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee discounts with vendors
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. NeuroRestorative is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
This Life Skills Trainer role is a great place to start your career with The Network - we have many success stories from people at all levels that started out in the Caregiver role.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!