Location: Department #797 1626 Oak Street La Crosse , WI 54601
Education Experience: High School Diploma/GED
Employment Experience: 1-3 years
Already a Kwik Trip Co-worker? Follow this link to apply: myapps.kwiktrip.com
Kwik Trip Inc.’s Store Engineering Department is based in La Crosse, WI and services our 550+ retail store locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. The co-workers in this department are responsible for designing, building, remodeling, and maintaining Kwik Trip, Kwik Star, and Tobacco Outlet Plus Grocery, as well as our car washes. The selected individual will be responsible for providing carpentry and equipment skills to achieve company projects and to support Kwik Trip retail stores so they are able to achieve their goals and objectives. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Construct, install and repair structures
- Calculate the needed materials and equipment for each job
- Deliver, install and calibrate retail equipment to verify correct operation of product
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment and train store co-workers on proper use and maintenance
- Provide strong leadership and direction to co-workers and sub-contractors.
- Minimum 1 year experience in carpentry
- Experience in reading plans and specifications; knowledgeable in construction methods, materials, and regulations
- Ability to use hand and power tools effectively and safely
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary to establishing working relationships with internal and external customers
- Exercise sound judgment within company guidelines
- Strong proven leadership skills
- Ability to identify and complete tasks without direct supervision
- Possess a valid driver's license with an excellent driving record
- Willingness to work within OSHA and Kwik Trip safety regulations
- Work in a variety of weather temperatures/conditions
- Willingness to travel 5 days per week and live within close proximity to La Crosse, WI
Physical qualifications: ability to stand/walk up to 10 hours per shift; bend/reach/twist frequently; bend/kneel/squat for long periods of time; lift/carry 15 pounds to 72 inches occasionally; lift/carry 50 pounds to 60 inches frequently; push/pull up to 87 pounds of force occasionally
Work Schedule: Typically Monday through Friday, daytime hours; however, does include occasional evening work and frequent overnight stays during the construction season.
Kwik Trip, Inc. OVERVIEW:
For over 50 years, Kwik Trip, Inc. has operated friendly, clean, trusted, family-owned, local convenience stores in communities throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. With a commitment to generosity, Kwik Trip, Inc. is dedicated to treating co-workers and guests like family. We continue to look for ways to improve our guest shopping experience and product offerings, as well as to ensure we provide a safe and fun work environment for our co-workers. We offer competitive wage and benefits and continue to invest in our family of co-workers and provide them with career advancement and growth opportunities.
Kwik Trip, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Function: Construction; Customer Service; Design; Energy, Oil & Gas; Engineering; Facilities; Installation - Maint - Repair; Skilled Labor - Trades