At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well - being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on - location services, patient - specific in - clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
The Case Care Coordinator will be very hands on as they work through items such as intake, care plan, treatment needs, as well as coordinating efforts with member’s primary care provider as well as other treatment facilities. They will communicate with a diverse group of people across multi-disciplines while serving as point of contact for internal and external entities. The Case Care Coordinator will also summarize and prepare inquiries to submit to the Medical Director under the supervision of the RN Case Manager.
- Complete intake calls to welcome members to the program
- Initiate care plans and enter in all relative information from the issues at hand to interventions
- Promote adherence to care plan, developed in coordination with the member, primary care provider as well as other treating providers
- Assess members unmet needs, coordinate services and treatment needs
- Identify early risk factors and conduct ongoing assessments and document appropriately
- Function as an advocate
- Build and maintain relationships with members and other authorized member representatives
- Educate members on program benefits and preventative care
- Maintain contract expertise through internal as well as external training and education programs
- Increase continuity of care by managing relationships with providers involved
- Assist in gaining availability for future appointments
- Complete initial assessment interviews
- Assist in provider selection for annual screening exams, diagnostic evaluations as well as treatment appointments
- Acknowledge member’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintain patient confidentiality at all times, and follows HIPAA guidelines and regulations
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in a clinical field (LPN, Social Work, Psychology, or health related field) or Medical Health Administration
- Experience with Medical Terminology or completion of Medical Terminology course
- Intermediate PC and Microsoft Office computer skills including Word (create and edit documents), Excel (create, sort, and edit data in spreadsheets), and Outlook (email and calendar management) while providing customer support on the phone
- Ability to travel 1 - 2 times a year for training and seminars within the state as required
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift between 7:00 am - 6:00 pm CST Monday through Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in a healthcare field
- Previous applicable healthcare experience
- Knowledge and understanding of CPT and ICD coding
- Call center experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Excellent written and verbal communication, telephone etiquette and interpersonal skills
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.