Case Management Supervisor
Primary Location: United States-CA-CAMerced
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Loyd's Liberty Homes
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Case Management Supervisor/QIDP* with Loyd’s Liberty Homes a partner of California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in our Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF), which is a residential-based service line. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will counsel individuals or groups and develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans, and manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Program Director, Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
*Note: Case Management Supervisor also known as Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Responsible for the supervision of client cases
within the assigned management team
- Assigns cases to members of clinical team based on caseload.
- Reviews service plans to ensure completeness.
- Provides direction,
support and counsel to each host family on a weekly basis.
- Involves treatment team in decisions relating to changes in treatment plan and arranges additional support as necessary.
- Interviews clients to obtain medical history data and other pertinent information.
- Provides intensive case management services, coordinating both intra- and inter- agency services, to ensure on-going assessment and follow-through of treatment plans.
- Conducts intake and administers diagnostic tests to identify behavioral and personality traits and documents results.
- Plans and administers therapeutic treatment such as behavior modification, social skills, anger management, and stress management therapy.
- Develops and implements Individual Service Plans (ISP) including annual and ongoing meetings.
- Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plans and amends plans as directed.
- Refers individuals served to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling as required.
- Provides on-call coverage for caseload and participates in rotational emergency coverage and crisis intervention support, as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Directs and supervises assigned staff including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Makes recommendation on decisions for employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve… we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field
- Two to four years of experience in human services
- Minimum of one year experience as a Case Manager
- Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients’ rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Valid CA Driver’s license
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance – travel as needed
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- Emergency on-call availability nights and rotating weekends
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement and overtime pay
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Loyd’s Liberty Homes is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!