The Clinical Case Manager, under the direction of the Director of Case Management, serves as an interdisciplinary team member to coordinate the delivery of health care services leading to quality outcomes for the inpatient hospital population and their families with the limits of the financial and social resources available to the patient and his family.
The Case Manager provides clinically based case management to support the delivery of effective and efficient patient care in the inpatient settings. Coordinates transition planning and assists in moving patients along approved protocol and pathways. May do some utilization review as necessary. In collaboration with specialist, uses the working DRG to calculate the expected date of discharge.
RN; BSN preferred. Minimum of 3 to 5 years clinical experience required; case management, utilization review, and transition planning experience preferred.
• Advanced assessment and teaching skills.
• Motivation for self-direction
• Ability to exercise supervisory skills and demonstrate leadership
• Able to relate and work with chronically ill and disabled patients of all ages, and with emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
• Able to relate and work with various managed care representatives, defining the continuing need for medical treatment.
• Speak and read English fluently.