Primary Location: United States-OR-ORPortland
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As a Case Manager/ Personal Agent with MENTOR Oregon you’ll be one of those special people.
MENTOR Oregon is an abuse aware agency. We believe in transparent communication with our dedicated and passionate team members while celebrating differences, achievements, lessons learned and change.
MENTOR Personal Agents work independently, but are an integral part of a larger team of Personal Agents, Supervisors, Assessment Specialists, and Administrative employees. Each Personal Agent monitors a caseload of 40 people and is responsible for developing written support plans, addressing a person’s changing needs, and ensuring continuous choice counseling and service satisfaction.
MENTOR's office culture is built out of respect for each other, support of each other, and having fun together. We’re looking for someone who shares our values of service equity, respect, equality and social justice, personal integrity, and professionalism. Experience as a Mandatory Abuse Reporter is preferred. An ideal candidate thinks outside the box, is creative in their approach to problems, and is flexible and innovative with policy and procedure changes.
What MENTOR Oregon offers you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for Full Time employees
- 401K and Retirement plan options
- Annual Bonus after a year of employment when goals are achieved
- Employee Discount's to major retailers
- Paid Training and Holiday Pay
- Casual Dress Code
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- "Network Angels" an Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Pay-it-Forward Education Program
- Truly rewarding work environment
- A bachelor's degree in behavioral science, social science, or a closely related field or
- A bachelor’s degree in any field and one year of human services related experience or
- An associate’s degree in a behavioral science, social science, or a closely related field and two years of human services related experience or
- Three years of human services related experience, such as work providing assistance to people and groups with issues, such as economical disadvantages, employment, abuse and neglect, substance abuse, aging, disabilities, prevention, health, cultural competencies, or housing.
- Previous experience in Person Centered Planning and Self-Determination preferred.
- Strong communication and literacy skills, including both written and oral form.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with attention to detail, demonstrate strong time management skills, organizational skills, meet established deadlines, ability to adapt to change.
- Skills in meeting facilitation and conflict resolution
- Strength in comprehending, interpreting, and implementing a wide variety of established policies, procedures, and the Oregon Administration Rules;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer programs, and comfortable with use of multiple databases;
MENTOR Oregon supports adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities through a range of individualized programs across the state. MENTOR Oregon is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!