Case Manager, RN
Primary Location: MA-MAAuburn-48 Sword St
AFC Case Manager RN - 10 hours per week
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities. As an RN Case Manager with Massachusetts MENTOR IDD you’ll be one of those special people. For Massachusetts MENTOR IDD and The MENTOR Network, an RN Case Manager is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. To that end, the RN Case Manager role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization. Massachusetts MENTOR IDD is seeking an RN Case Manager to develop and implement care plans for their clients that coordinate the clients' home care services and that follow physicians' orders. In addition, the Case Manager ensures that services are delivered according to licensing guidelines, professional medical standards and agency policies and procedures. Essential Job Functions
- Performs client intake assessments including submission of required documentation for prior authorization of client services as needed based on client's pay sources.
- Develops a plan of care based on nursing diagnosis, client and physician input that includes medical interventions and measurable goals or outcomes.
- Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Investigates and takes appropriate actions on client or employee concerns/complaints.
- Ensures that aides are properly oriented and trained to meet the client's needs in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Performs periodic supervisory visits for aides with a written evaluation regarding service delivery.
- Instructs clients, family members and primary care givers as needed to ensure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Ensures effective coordination of client home care services through the timely completion of required documentation as well as the timely transfer of pertinent medical data to the client's physician, therapists or other care givers.
- Provides input for formulation or modification of agency policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to client services.
- Participates on the advisory board or other agency quality assurance committees as requested.
- Performs other duties and actions as as required.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing with at least one year experience
- Valid nursing license in state of work