Nurse! Case Management! Eden Prairie!
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won't find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Telephonic Case Management RN, you will drive positive outcomes by supporting a diverse member population with education, advocacy and the connections to the resources they need.
Shift: Monday - Friday. Must be able to do 3 days @ 8:00am - 4:30pm and 2 days @ 11:30am - 8:00pm OR (split shift) 8:00am-12:00pm and 4:00pm-8:00pm.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Make outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education to assist with self-management
- Interact with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinate care for members
- Make referrals to outside sources
- Coordinate services as needed (home health, DME, etc.)
- Educate members on disease processes
- Encourage members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Document and track findings
- Utilize Milliman criteria to determine if patients are in the correct hospital setting
- Make "welcome home" calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
- Current, unrestricted RN license in MN
- 3+ years of experience in a hospital setting, acute care or direct care experience
- Must be able to type and have the ability to navigate a Windows based environment
- Willing and able to obtain up to an additional 15 RN licensures
- A background in managed care
- Oncology experience
- Case Management experience
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience or exposure with discharge planning
- Experience in utilization review, concurrent review or risk management
- Previous experience in a telephonic role
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, Acute care, Managed care, Case Management experience, Certified Case Manager, CCM, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnetonka