Case Manager, RN
Primary Location: MA-MAPeabody-9 Centennial Dr
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities, behavioral or medical complexities. As an RN Case Manager with Massachusetts MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
For Massachusetts MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, an RN Case Manager is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the RN Case Manager role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
Massachusetts MENTOR is seeking an RN Case Manager to develop and implement care plans for their clients that coordinate the clients' home care services and that follow physicians' orders. In addition, the Case Manager ensures that services are delivered according to licensing guidelines, professional medical standards and agency policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs client intake assessments including submission of required documentation for prior authorization of client services as needed based on client's pay sources.
- Develops a plan of care based on nursing diagnosis, client and physician input that includes medical interventions and measurable goals or outcomes.
- Routinely reviews pertinent client medical data to determine the effectiveness of services in reaching maximum rehabilitation potential.
- Investigates and takes appropriate actions on client or employee concerns/complaints.
- Instructs clients, family members and primary care givers as needed to ensure the maintenance of or acquisition of optimal functioning level for each client.
- Ensures effective coordination of client home care services through the timely completion of required documentation as well as the timely transfer of pertinent medical data to the client's physician, therapists or other care givers.
- Provides input for formulation or modification of agency policies, procedures, and practices pertaining to client services.
- Performs other duties and actions as as required.
- Nursing degree with at least one year experience working with elderly or adults with disabilities
- Valid nursing license in MA
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.