DescriptionThe Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist 2. This is a Cash Application Analyst position.The Financial Planning & Specialist 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist 2 reviews cash received each day, downloads reports from banks and other Financial institutions, logs cash, applies cash and reconciles cash accounts each day. Work with AR department in order to identify all unapplied receipts. Create and execute new projects to improve processes and procedures. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 3-5 years of Cash Application experience
- Knowledge of Oracle system
- Intermediate Excel experience
- Ability to thrive in high volume fast-paced environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Word , Excel and multi-dimensional database
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Accounting
- Enthusiastic and effective communicator
- Well organized, attentive to detail and accurate
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction
- Flexible, ability to change assignment or plans for day with little notice
- Previous healthcare industry experience working in a Finance/Accounting department
Scheduled Weekly Hours40