If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Hospital or patient accounting department functions, operations and procedures
- Operation of online computerized patient accounting systems and or electronic billing systems
- Accounting practices and procedures common to accounts receivable
- General clerical office practices and procedures
- This position is responsible for the clerical duties relating to the timely posting and reconciliation of patient account payments from Commercial insurance companies, some Government programs and individual patients
- Typical duties include; retrieval of electronic payment data, review and interpretation of electronic and paper EOB’s, verification of contractual write off amounts and data entry and balancing of payment data to patient accounts according to payer or program specifications; performs other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience or 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment / phone support role
- Demonstrated ability in using a computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to successfully complete the UnitedHealth Group new hire training with demonstrated proficiency
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (if the month ends on a weekend then you will have to work on that Saturday)
- 1+ years of healthcare billing and / or collections experience
- 1+ years of electronic cash posting and reconciliation experience in a manager care (hospital, physician office, clinic, insurance company, etc.) setting
- 1+ years of experience and / or knowledge of accounting functions
- Experience using Microsoft Excel (sort / filter) in a professional setting
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management) in a professional setting
- MedSeries 4 (MS4) systems experience
- Medicare experience
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands and fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.