About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.Position SummaryThe Office Lead provides leadership in the implementation and evaluation of the functions and processes which control and manage the cash flow of the store in order to establish accountability, minimize losses and maximize efficiency while leading the office staff. The department and Team Members must provide unparalleled customer service through prompt professional and friendly service.Job Responsibilities
- Manage the cash flow of the store by tracking register and safe balances daily to identify and resolve problems, minimize losses and maximize the store's profits.
Prepare accurate daily and weekly cash and sales reports and send to Corporate weekly along with supporting documentation.
- Analyze Customer Satisfaction and Team Member Point of View Surveys, identify areas needing improvement, and design programs and procedures to meet objectives.
Develop training methods and programs to ensure the continuous development of Team Members and department services in order to meet changing customer requirements and the Company's business objectives.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with the Front End Team Leader in order to maintain an efficient flow on the front end regarding change, pickups, and reconciling clerks.
- Schedule staff and delegate work assignments for the office and service center to ensure customer requirements are met.
Manage lottery records and data to meet business requirements.
Delegate DFS duties to Team Members so that DFS business objectives are met.
Maintain records and paperwork according to state, federal, and Company regulations.
Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA regulations.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that store meets out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Order office supplies by reviewing past and projected usage to ensure supplies are available when needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements. Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$300k - \\$500k
- Supervision of team members in one department
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years
- Bookeeping or accounting experience helpful
- Customer Service Experience
- Knowledge of Market District operational procedures
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Coin Safe
- Deposit Safe
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Label Gun
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shop Vacuum
- Stanley Doors
- Trash compactor