Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Cash Receipts Team Lead - Tampa, FL will prepare and maintain records of accounts receivable, including receipts, claims and overdue invoices. Applies all incoming cash receipts and wire payments to the appropriate general ledger accounts. Computes interest charges, processes refunds and related items. Performs periodic and month-end balancing and reporting activities.
- Accurately and efficiently post payments into the Accounts Receivable systems according to the department policies and procedures
- Work with carriers, third-party insurers, and other internal departments in tracking the progress of payments to resolve unapplied and misapplied cash issues in accordance with current policy and procedures
- Research and resolve discrepancies between cash receipts, invoice files, and patient information for posting processes
- Respond to inquiries by both internal and external customers promptly regarding payments, adjustments and refunds
- Process and prepare refunds for approval by Senior Management for carriers and submission to Accounts Payable for processing
- Post adjustments for various departments timely and accurately
- Research and follow-up on any escalated issues within the department
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality under requirements of federal and state law, including HIPAA, and in accordance with Optum’s policy
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1 + years of general accounting experience (debits, credits, accounts receivable, and/or cash receipts)
- Previous leadership, Team Lead, and / or Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience
- 10-key data entry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, sorting and filtering data)
- Ability to work Monday through Friday and have a flexible schedule between 7:00 am - 6:00 pm (schedule will not fluctuate) and willingness to work overtime as business requires
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP’s, sum, basic formulas, analyze data)
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Cash Receipts, Team Lead, Tampa, Florida, Accounting, healthcare, 10-Key