Position: Cashier/Bagger Runner Location: Newark Liberty International Airport
Responsibilities and Key Activities
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Bag, box, wrap, or gift-wrap merchandise, and prepare packages for shipment.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Establish or identify prices of goods, using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
- Greet customers entering establishments.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Carry-out service at the completion of transactions to appropriate gate.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Request information or assistance using paging systems.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Available to work weekends.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Good command of English
- Previous retail experience of 1-2 years.