Greets and acknowledges the guest coming and going, interacts with guests and employees in a professional manner; is knowledgeable of buffet, wine/beer menu items, displays and practices being a team player. Adheres to cash handling practices and policies.
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Counts issued bank before and after shift
- Greets guests with a good morning/ good evening and a smile.
- Ask how many will be joining us for dinner.
- Ask how many children are in their party, (do not refer to them as kids!).
- Answer any questions the guest might have at the moment.
- Control your area. Do not let other employees gather or linger around your station.
- Be very accommodating to all our guests. Fill their requests to the best of your abilities.
- Roll silverware when time allows.
- Wipe down all menus (dessert/beer/wine) used on your shift. Stock ALOHA paper
- Check for groups
- Stock supplies
- Answer phone calls in a professional manner and take messages when necessary.
- Organize and clean shelves in station.
- When guests arrive, stop all conversations and direct your full attention to our guests.
- Use appropriate language and keep voices down.
- When our guests are leaving the restaurant, thank them for coming.
- Be a team player. Help others whenever possible.
- Cell phones not allowed while on the clock
- AM shift break from 10:30 – 11am. No eating at any other time
- PM shift eat before 4:30pm or after 9pm. No eating at any other time
- Reconcile all paperwork, count out company funds and drop in appropriate areas
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Previous experience in a cash handling position preferably in the Hospitality Industry.
- Ability to display and practice being a team player
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement restaurant conditions.
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required alcohol awareness and food safety certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 10lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.