As the Category Marketing Assistant, you will be supporting the brand and category marketing initiatives. You’ll be a key player in developing and executing our overall category marketing strategies into marketing plans to support the overall One Kings Lane business. You’ll work to support the Associate Manager of Category Marketing in building awareness of new product launches, and lanes of business, as well as telling seasonal trend stories across channels. In doing so you will work to ensure communications throughout those experiences, deliver on our brand promise, helping customers create a home that reflects their personal style in surprising and delightful ways. In addition to the Category + Integrated Marketing teams, you will partner closely with other teams from within Marketing, like PR, Partnerships, Social, Creative, and Marketing Operations, as well outside it, like Buying, and Ecommerce to support and execute plans that both launch and provide ongoing support to these initiatives. You’re a collaborative worker that excels in a fast-paced environment with a self-motivated working style.
- Support the associate manager in planning and execution for product and category led marketing initiatives.
- Support the associate manager with hindsight recaps for launches and have an understanding of reporting tools to evaluate the sales results of marketing initiatives.
- Compile and execute monthly customer mindset decks to share with the marketing team.
- Support the associate manager in direct mail logistics - including product selection, approval and other administrative tasks for the quarterly catalog and other direct mail pieces.
- Support associate manager in creating and rolling out marketing plans for buying initiatives.
- Coordinate seasonal planning calendar meetings and timeline for theme development and shot plans on a quarterly basis.
- Contribute to marketing brainstorm sessions for cross channel support for product launches.
- Write creative briefs for new value initiatives and ensure that assets are compliant and delivered timely.
- Assist the associate manager in writing creative briefs for overall marketing initiatives and ensure that assets are compliant and delivered timely.
- Support other departments marketing efforts when needed
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing (preferred), or related field required
- 1-2 years experience in marketing/ related field or recent graduate with strong internship background
- High attention to detail along with a flexible, pro-active approach
- Must love numbers, Microsoft Excel and developing reports should be exciting to you, you might not know all about Excel, but you want to learn
- Proactive with a strong interest in learning digital marketing at a leading e-commerce company
- Ability to synthesize & analyze many sources of information, and develop path forward to achieve desired outcome
- Skillful at working with cross-functional teams and pulling together outcomes from disparate players across the team
- Communication and problem solving skills
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.