Location: Department #867 2025 Kwik Trip Way La Crosse , WI 54603
Education Experience: No Degree Required
Employment Experience: Less than 1 year
Already a Kwik Trip Co-worker? Follow this link to apply: myapps.kwiktrip.com
Join our team as a CDL Driver Trainee or a Deliver Assistant to work for a nationally recognized top workplace that is growing, yet remains family owned, with a family-like culture. Kwik Trip’s Drivers, Trainees, and Delivery Assistants are home at the end of each shift and operate only the best equipment. Convenience Transportation, LLC, is a subsidiary of Kwik Trip, Inc. and services our 600+ store locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. Our state-of-the art fleet is equipped with electronic logging, satellite communication, and is serviced regularly by our own Truck Maintenance Shop.
If you are at least 18 years old, you could become a Delivery Assistant, learning the position until you meet the Driver Trainee requirements and are promoted into that position. On average, individuals who meet the eligibility requirements and are 21 years old or older are promoted to a CDL Driver Trainee within 2-4 months.
CDL Driver Trainees receive a significant pay increase and become eligible for Kwik Trip’s CDL Tuition Reimbursement Program. Our program allows you to attend school for your CDL while maintaining a full-time position learning the delivery portion of the job. Additionally, Kwik Trip pays your tuition costs AND pays you for your time at class. To make things even better, you will have a full time CDL Driver job waiting for you upon successful completion of the program!
CDL Driver Trainee/Delivery Assistant Requirements:
- At least 18 years old to be a Delivery Assistant and at least 21 years old to be a CDL Driver Trainee
- Excellent driving record in accordance with Kwik Trip’s driving matrix
- Assisting with unloading merchandise at the stores, placing products in the correct location (cooler, freezer, backroom), as well as being able to work with minimal supervision, in a safety conscious environment, and in a variety of weather/temperature conditions
Specific CDL Driver Trainee Requirements:
- At least 21 years of age or turning 21 by completion of CDL driving course
- Ability to meet DOT requirements upon the completion of training which include, but are not limited to a DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
- Willing to sign contract to enter Kwik Trip’s CDL Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to accept a night time driving position with Kwik Trip for two years (upon completion of training/tuition program).
Physical requirements: sit up to 6 hours at a time; stand up to 2 hours at a time; bend/reach/twist/stoop/squat frequently; lift up to 75 pounds to waist level occasionally; lift up to 70 pounds to 60 inches occasionally; lift up to 40 pounds to 72 inches frequently; carry 90 pounds occasionally; push/pull up to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
Work Schedule: 40 to 50 hours per week, including weekends and holidays.
As a Delivery Assistant, you will primary work 10 – 12 hours during the day. Once promoted to a CDL Driver Trainee, the position will typically start as day shifts while attending classes. Once classes end, you will work mostly nights (starting between 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM and ending between 3:00 AM and 7:00 AM).
Interested in a career in the transportation industry? Do we have an opportunity for you!
Kwik Trip, Inc. OVERVIEW:
For over 50 years, Kwik Trip, Inc. has operated friendly, clean, trusted, family-owned, local convenience stores in communities throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. With a commitment to generosity, Kwik Trip, Inc. is dedicated to treating co-workers and guests like family. We continue to look for ways to improve our guest shopping experience and product offerings, as well as to ensure we provide a safe and fun work environment for our co-workers. We offer competitive wage and benefits and continue to invest in our family of co-workers and provide them with career advancement and growth opportunities.
Kwik Trip, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Function: Distribution - Shipping; Entry Level; General Labor; Transportation; Warehouse