1. Work with supervisor to deliver and pick-up fairs and reorders in an efficient, cost effective manner.
2. Work closely with supervisor to ensure customer service standards are maintained.
3. Load and unload trucks with or without assistance of mechanical devices.
4. Effectively communicate routing problems with supervisor so changes can be communicated to Regional/National Transportation Specialists (road construction, address changes, steps, etc).
5. Deliver and pick-up product, cash registers, and costumes from schools as scheduled in a courteous and professional manner.
6. Secure and transport products in order to enable customer to receive a “Damage Free” fair.
7. Perform a daily pre-trip and post-trip inspection of motor vehicle to which assigned and notify supervisor of any defects or problems.
8. Complete and maintain accurate and legible records in a timely manner to include, but not limited to, DOT Logs, trip sheets, fuel tickets, road expenses, and other paperwork, as required.
9. Adhere to all Company, local, state, and federal rules/regulations inclusive of, but not limited to, DOT, OSHA, etc.
10. Call Regional/Branch office immediately upon the occurrence of any of the following:
a) Accident or damage to person(s) or property.
b) Problem with a school delivery or pick-up.
c) Mechanical failure of equipment.
11. Assist in completing warehouse tasks as required by the Supervisor.
12. Must maintain professional appearance including well-groomed hair, clean uniform, and hygienic habits.
13. Attend monthly driver meetings – completing all continuous training materials as required.
14. Complete annual Certificate of Violation Process timely, accurately and honestly.
15. Utilize proper techniques for lifting, packing, and handling heavy objects, climbing ladders and pushing/pulling display cases.
16. Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
17. Maintain vehicles assigned to drive per company standards.
18. Regular attendance in accordance with schedule.
19. Drug and alcohol free policy compliance.
20. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred.
2. Verifiable commercial driving experience of at least one (1) year required.
3. Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
4. Possess valid drivers license (commercial license as required by state of domicile if assigned 16’ truck)
5. Must pass a drug screen/alcohol screen, Motor Vehicle Record review, and a DOT physical examination indicating physical essential functions of job can be performed as required.
6. Must be able to drive a commercial delivery van or 16’ step van.
7. Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. and push, pull, lift and handle metal/plastic cases weighing more than 350lbs on a regular and repetitive basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
8. Customer service orientated.
9. Must be able to read road maps and follow directions.
10. Ability to work over time and weekends as needed.
11. Strong team player and the ability to get along with co-workers.
12. Good verbal/written communication skills, basic math skills, and ability to read.