This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Our Central Region Communications Consultant is responsible for communicating with and supporting on a consistent basis the Central Regional VP, directors of provider relations and various health plan leads and other subject matter experts and business owners throughout the market. The role is essential in helping to proactively and strategically address regional issues in a timely manner and keep a pulse on the concerns of providers in this specific market to help strengthen provider relationships.
If you are located in the Central Region you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creation, implementation and management of communications plans
- Writing/editing/proofreading a variety of communications
- Collaborating and offering expert communications counsel to stakeholders
- Obtaining appropriate approvals for distribution
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications field of study. Journalism preferred
- Expert MS Word skills
- 7+ years of communications experience with an emphasis on writing/editing (must be proficient in AP Style)
- Health care communications experience
- 5+ years of experience developing, implementing and managing strategic communication plans
- Client or stakeholder management experience
- Ability to provide expert communications counsel
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Writing samples required
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Comfort-level working in highly regulated industry
- Experience working across multiple regions/states for a large organization
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work,(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.