Department:OH1HS_25003_000 Central Telemetry
Expected Weekly Hours:36
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The Central Telemetry Monitoring Technician monitors noninvasive cardiac activity of patient populations by continuous electrocardiographic display. Provides surveillance of patient cardiac rhythm status as well as other telemetry indicators. Notifies Registered Nurse of any changes in the basic electrocardiographic pattern. The position continuously observes patients undergoing epilepsy monitoring. Notifies Registered Nurse of any patient events or behavior changes.
- Monitors noninvasive cardiac activity of patient populations by continuous electrocardiographic display.
- Analyzes the rhythm on the telemetry monitor, and communicates pertinent information to the Registered Nurse immediately.
- Monitors and documents multiple patient’s continuous ECG accurately, including measurement of PR interval, QRS duration, QT interval, heart rate, and rhythm.
- Education: High school graduate required
- Effective Communication Skills
- Completion of EMU Monitor Watcher Education Module (Healthstream) Completion of EKG class and 80% on telemetry exam or 80% on Prophecy telemetry exam
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.