****We offer benefits!!*****
Performs a variety of professional nursing duties in the care of Elders, complies with state rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures of the building.Clinical Support Team (CST) Nurses
The clinical support team nurses are responsible for monitoring the clinical status of the Elders and delivering care. CST nurses report directly to the Director of Health and Wellness.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports changes in Elder condition or other concerns about Elders to the RN in a timely manner.
- Initiates emergency procedures for Elders and reports to RN.
- Reviews Elder care plans with RN and consults with RN about Elder conditions and their treatments.
- Assists with implementation of physician orders.
- Carries out proper charting practices and procedures.
- Assists with start up of services for new Elder, hospital transfers and discharges as requested by RN.
- Assembles and operates equipment such as oxygen suppliers and other equipment used for Elder care.
- Orders and administers medications.
- Attends required meetings, in-service training and conferences.
- Works cooperatively with other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Assists unlicensed staff as necessary.
- Obtains an update on each elder from the Shahbazim during each shift
- Visits each elder during each shift to monitor clinical status, and to determine if the clinical care needs of the elder are being met. Clinical assessments should be elder specific – consider the primary diagnosis and risks specific to the individual elder
- Assesses each elder for unresolved/untreated pain, and plans and implements pain management interventions when appropriate, especially related to: skin integrity, bowel and bladder status, including continence and bowel movement monitoring, mentation, ambulation status, nutrition (weights) and hydration, and the effects of medication
- Identifies any clinical teaching needs of the Shahbazim, elder or family, provides the teaching, and completes the documentation
- Monitors standard precautions (i.e. presence of gloves, soap, towels, etc.)
- Administers treatments and medications
- Monitors overall adequacy of the care plan
- Reviews compliance with the care plan
- Maintains emergency supplies and equipment
- Conducts physical assessment of each elder
- Conducts MDs, QIs, infection control, and care planning
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be familiar with general nursing and geriatric nursing practices.
- Must demonstrate leadership, good judgment and dependability.
- Must be knowledgeable and accurate in the administration of medications and treatments.
- Must possess good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform duties of unlicensed staff.
- Must possess a desire to work with aged, infirm and disabled persons.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Must work as a team member and maintain a positive demeanor.
- Must receive a “not disqualified” criminal background result from Department of Human Services.
Graduate of a school of medical assistant for Certified Medical Assistant.CERTIFICATES/LICENSES/REGISTATIONS
Must be certified as a medical assistant within the State of Minnesota, and maintain certification.