ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs clinical duties as directed or assigned by clinical leadership or practice management, e.g., patient history; vital signs; EKG’s; phlebotomy (blood draws), and injections.
• Maintains stocking of treatment rooms and ensures their cleanliness.
• Maintains lab facilities to ensure compliance with all necessary EHMG policies and procedures, and OSHA guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential function consistently and with minimal supervision by utilizing the learned skills. The following skills are representative of the knowledge and/or ability(s) required: vital signs; phlebotomy; EKG's; injections.
The incumbent must also possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be proficient with the use of computers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School graduate/GED.
• Graduate from an accredited/certified Medical Assistant Program to include Phlebotomy and CPR certificates.
• Timely re-certificiation in accordance with the provisions of the certifying Board are also required.
• 1 or more years of medical clinical skills preferred.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Minimum requirement for the incumbent is to maintain current certification and/or registration with their accrediting Board. This must occur before the expiration date and without exception.
The incumbent must be capable of assisting patients with movement to and from chairs, wheelchairs, and exam tables. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE CATEGORY:
This position is catagorized under OSHA Occupational Exposure Category III, and requires the following protective equipment be work by anyone filling this position. GLOVES, GOWNS, MASKS, AND/OR GOGGLES.
Training will be provided in how to properly and effectively use any necessary equipment, in addition to education regarding precautionary measures, epidemiology, modes of transmission and prevention of HIV/HBV.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.