Certified Nurses Assistant - CNA
Primary Location: CA-CAArtesia-17724 Gridley Rd
2. Observe and report changes in the resident’s condition to the Charge Nurse.
3. Complete the CNA section of the daily nurses notes within required timeframes.
4. Initiate emergency procedures, if needed.
5. Prepare resident’s room for admission, obtaining equipment and supplies as needed.
6. Prepare resident for discharge. Remove equipment from room for terminal cleaning.
7. Follow CareMeridian’s Safety Policy and Procedure at all times, including those for fire and disaster.
• Report any hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents to supervisor.
8. Use equipment correctly and safely.
9. Be responsible, when needed, for resident activity programs, including off‐site
10. Participates in CareMeridian’s Performance Improvement Program.
11. Attend and participate in scheduled meetings, training/CEU program.
12. Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.
- Monitors the health and medical condition of individuals served, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with MENTOR policy, program standards or other regulatory requirements.
- Attends trainings and other meetings as required.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• Completion of a CNA certificate program.
• One year CNA experience desired.
• Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Current CNA certification issued by this state
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for Health Care Providers
• Able to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) with all staff, residents, and their families and/or authorized representative.
• Able to add, subtract and multiply.
• Able to problem solve, plan and organize within scope of the position.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Able to work with and relate to behaviorally challenged residents.
CareMeridian (a member of The MENTOR Network) offers rehabilitation and nursing care to those with, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and those with medically complex challenges.