Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA)
Primary Location: MI-MIWhitehall-620 E River St
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with brain injury. As a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with NeuroRestorative Michigan you’ll be one of those special people. For NeuroRestorative Michigan and The MENTOR Network, CNAs are critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. NeuroRestorative Michigan is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to perform hands-on nursing care with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene, and behavior under supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors the health and medical condition of individuals served, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Administers proper medications according to physician’s orders and established guidelines. Provides documentation for all medications given.
- Provides training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration.
- Performs, coordinates and/or assists with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Provides transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments.
- Maintains current progress notes and any other appropriate documentation in accordance with MENTOR policy, program standards or other regulatory requirements.
- Actively attends and participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings as required.
- Attends trainings and other meetings as required.
- Provides emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Maintains confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- High school diploma or GED and one year experience as a Certified Nurse Assistant, preferably with developmentally disabled individuals in a hospital, residential, clinical and/or long-term care setting
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant
- CPR/First Aid certifications