Certified Nurses Assistant
Primary Location: MD-MDGaithersburg-8400 Helgerman Ct
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve.
As a Program Assistant/CNA with Adult Day Health, you’ll be one of those special people. Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services and supports for elders, including those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best and be as active as they would like to be. Our caring staff works with each participant to create an individualized Plan of Care that fits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managing an illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities; help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietary needs. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may include services such as nursing care, social activities, healthy, delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
Adult Day Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate person to serve as Program Assistant/CNA and provide nursing services, training, and support to address the medical, behavioral, and psychiatric needs of individuals. Chinese speaking highly preferred.
Specific tasks include:
- Ensures follow through of specific programs developed by the care team
- Monitors and provides training in mealtime programming as necessary, prepares food as needed.
- Assists participants in basic (grooming, toileting, feeding, shopping, etc.) according participant’s plan of care, as directed by nursing
- Works as a member of the treatment team. Cooperates and effectively communicates with other staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Plan of Care and programming for each participant
- Assists with bowel and bladder incontinence, management of bowel and bladder program and/or care of urinary drainage catheters or equipment and support.
- Manages physical transfer of participants following training guidelines
- Facilitates leisure planning with participants. Assists participants with participation in activities. Accompanies participants on leisure activities.
- Interacts with participants in an empathetic, respectful, caring, and dignified manner
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of clients at all times. Complete all cleaning activities as identified on cleaning schedule and as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes necessary documentation, reports, etc. in a timely, thorough, and accurate manner
- Attends staff meetings, conferences, in-services as assigned by supervisor
- Follows confidentiality requirements at all times
- Adheres to Participant Bill of Rights and other policies and procedures
- Cares for and maintain all recreation and residential equipment. Confers with supervisor regarding current equipment status and needs. Communicates supply and maintenance needs to supervisor
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and to initiate, develop and facilitate groups
- Accompanies participants in scheduled activities, appointments or others as designated
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
What we require of you:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Six months to one year of experience in the human services industry preferred.
- CNA License is preferable
- CPR / First Aid certification or willingness to learn
- Chinese speaking highly preferred.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Adult Day Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!