Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
It's not just a job, it's a career... Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are part of a team that helps individuals with disabilities live life to the fullest. Community Options is searching for compassionate, hard-working Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA) . This position has immense promotional growth opportunities within the company. This is an immediate opportunity, apply today!
Job Duties Include:
- Assists individuals with their daily living skills and independent community skills.
- Takes and records individuals’ vital signs.
- Utilizes Person Centered Plans to assess an individual's needs
- Assists in the development of a weekly schedule for each individual to maximize their time spent in the community.
- Completes training with individuals towards achieving ISP goals.
- Administers medication(s) and completes appropriate documentation.
- Accompanies individuals to and from appointments and activities.
- Builds a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Accurately completes all in-house documentation, maintains current case notes and monthly reports of individual’s progress, and provides reports on overall goals.
- Cooperates with internal and State investigations and inspections.
- Ensure an appropriate staff to client ratio at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- CNA Certification required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a related field.
- Valid Current Driver's License
- The ability to exercise good judgment and remain calm in a crisis
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with a person receiving supports.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Work will take place in the community and in the homes.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty)
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- May be exposed to various medical conditions and communicable diseases.
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable)
What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off after 3 months of employment
- Paid Holidays
- Career/Professional Growth Opportunities including Community Options Leadership Academy Program
- 403b with Employer Match after 1 year of service
- Comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental and Supplemental Insurance options.
- Various Employee Discount Programs
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-LHAllentown@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer