Here at UnitedHealth Group, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be part of an exciting team within Optum where you can utilize your previous sales/marketing background and design and activate commercial insights for the Specialty Sales organization through the Challenger Sales Model. Join a progressive organization where work-life balance is respected.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team that supports a sales organization for Specialty Pharmacy. The right individual has been in a sales role (preferably outside sales) been previously trained on Challenger Sales Process, and implemented this sales process in their role or across the organization (preferred). This role will be a key to driving outcomes for the sales team through researching current industry trends, shadowing sales team members, collaborating with marketing and other departments to develop scripts called “messages” to deliver to sales team members to implement.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research industry trends that will impact the business, build a timeline to roll-out those impacts to the sales team
- Drive support for the sales team by partnering with sales, product, and Industry experts to build scripts “messages” that can be delivered by the sales team
- Work in concert with sales team to ensure understanding of those scripts, how to deliver, and overcome objections in a sales environment
- Partner with sales leadership to ensure scripts “messages” are being delivered consistently and driving utilization
- Support the sales training team by ensuring sales team is understanding the Challenger Sales process and driving utilization of tools (web portal, knowledge center) to upskill sales team
- Build a Knowledge Center of scripts available and supporting documentation (facts, evidence-based studies, statistics) in a CRM environment
- Develop metrics to track progress of utilization of scripts “messages” by region, individual, team, etc.
- Build tracking models to see if implemented scripts “messages” are yielding sale performance (driving deeper penetration in existing accounts, driving growth in new business)
- Create innovative ways to engage our sales team with effective dialogue and how to deliver in their sales calls
- Track, monitor and optimize progress of effective dialogue in sales calls and coaching conversations with sales managers
- Conduct Audit: Inventory and assess what existing content needs to be archived or updated, to ensure the customer experience is focused
- Innovate how we deliver scripts “messages” to our field based sales team (Audio clips, Video clips, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Challenger Sales experience (previously executed Challenger Sales process in a sale environment)
- 3+ years of direct selling and or marketing experience
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Experience in Storytelling in a selling environment
- Experience in Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Industry
- Implemented innovations in communicating with remote employees
- Field sales/marketing background
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Challenger Sales Model, Instructional design, online learning, e-learning, e leaning, e-learning, adult learning, curriculum developer, Addie, analytical, design, development, implementation, evaluation, Training, Marketing, Healthcare, Clinical, telecommute, work from home, remote, travel