DescriptionThe Channel Development Lead defines the sales product strategy for single or multiple lines of business targeting specific markets and/or business segments. The Channel Development Lead works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Channel Development Lead develops key performance indicators to drive sales program effectiveness and to ensure cost efficiencies. Provide data driven expertise and management reporting to improve sales performance and increase market share. Develop go to market strategies and identify new business opportunities to increase overall sales portfolio. Identify key areas of improvement through trend and utilization analysis. Collaborate closely with business leaders, marketing and finance to ensure effective, strategic, and competitive sales plans. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Work closely with internal and external distribution leaders and resources to enhance current sales strategy execution, relationships/production, and to cultivate new opportunities.
- Attend meetings with Leadership and Sales partners and expeditiously manage follow-ups, next steps, and resulting projects to progress sales efforts.
- Work closely with internal resources to remove operational or IT barriers to product sales production/placement.
- Own and manage highly complex product commissions schedules, processes, etc. including anticipating and adapting to future needs. Heavy involvement in Med Supp sales goal setting, reporting, monitoring, and follow-up to call out successes, shortfalls, etc.
- Help Leader monitor regular sales reports, deep diving into data as needed, and helping influence and communicate metrics for accountability toward sales goals in the organization and externally.
- Be a go-to Product SME (a trusted resource and teammate) with and in place of Leader, for key Sales contacts to progress Med Supp sales efforts, efficiencies, etc.
- Collaborate and partner with department peers to promote Med Supp internally and externally, executing on current strategy and cultivating new opportunities.
- Ensure cross-department communication is optimized to best enable and support sales results. Take on special projects, primarily related to membership growth as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent significant work experience
- 5+ years of project leadership experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with personnel at all levels, from administrative support to subject matter experts to leadership
- Strong leadership, organizational planning, prioritization, and time management skills; the ability to multitask and work against strict deadlines
- Flexibility in the face of rapidly changing circumstances
- Strong reading comprehension and writing skills
- Strong project management skills with high personal accountability
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment with high attention to detail and compliance
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and possess a quality customer service attitude
- Desire to join a high-functioning, collaborative, and supportive team culture
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- MBA, PMP or other advanced degree
- Medicare Supplement experience or health insurance/marketplace experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40