Join our fast-paced team of world-class operators in a newly available, career-defining position.
Set your sights on a role in the healthcare system, and kick start your journey now. We’re looking for passionate healthcare operations professionals to join our top notch team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career!
In the Charge Description Master Analyst role you will drive revenue optimization by maintaining an accurate and compliant CDM, ensuring Medicare and other Federal regulations are met. You will be focused on operational excellence, providing operational direction and oversight for our client’s charging improvement processes. You will be the direct report for the Charge Master Coordinator position.
Your day to day role will include:
- Ensure the client’s CDM is accurate and compliant with Medicare and other federal agency regulations
- Focus on development, performance and growth of direct reports
- Motivate and mentor CDM Coordinator, reviewing work and providing continual feedback to promote professional growth
- Drive team performance to high achievement and high quality outcomes
- Managing time effectively,performing tasks accurately and meeting set timelines
- Process CDM requests received from the clinical departments, or others, researching references and regulations to ensure correct coding/charging through the CDM
- Identify root cause issues and escalate to Manager, as appropriate
- Work best practice reports and assist clinical departments with billing and compliance issues utilizing the CDM tools available
- Independently manage daily process/functions for assigned projects
- Perform clinical department CDM desk reviews as scheduled, meeting timelines set
- Review/identify/analyze necessary CPT changes related to quarterly and annual AMA CPT updates and regulatory changes by timelines set
- Act as subject matter expert for responsible areas, communicating knowledge to clients and internal staff
- Effectively facilitates department and/or client meetings, demonstrating a high level of comfort developing agendas and work plans that drive results
- Attend client held meetings supporting revenue cycle processes as they pertain to your role
- Attend meetings/educational sessions to maintain knowledge base; maintaining credentials as applicable
- Oversight for 1-2 client CDM teams
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a CDM Coordinator or equivalent role
- Coding certificate or clinical licensing/certifications (BSN, RN, LPN, RT, RCC, CRTT,
RHIT, CPC, CCS, CIRCC, etc.) preferred
- Permanent US work authorization.
R1 RCM (R1) is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
About R1 RCM:
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.