No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
** Non Actuaries need not apply**
Optum Advisory Services (OAS) seeks a dynamic Senior Actuarial leader who will be responsible for re-energizing the actuarial practice and bringing an inspirational vision to drive significant growth in the practice. This leader will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to the role with a high aptitude towards growing the business.
In this role as Vice President, you will lead the Actuarial, Trend and Rating & Underwriting Practices at Optum Advisory Services. You will drive client value through a broad range of consulting engagements across a spectrum of actuarial, underwriting, analytics, payer growth strategy, and systems integration topics. As the Vice President, you will be accountable for a $100M+ P&L and be responsible for sales, growth and leadership of Optum Advisory Service’s actuarial team, as well as broadening the actuarial talent base, building out consulting intellectual property and creating visionary go-to-market offerings for the business.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Responsible for managing a P&L for a $100M+ annual business
- Drive sales and revenue growth for the actuarial practices within Optum Advisory Services as well as sales that result in broader growth across Optum’s portfolio of products and services
- Create a culture that delivers exceptional growth on a consistent basis
- Builds a leadership team to execute consistently and deliver exceptional growth
- Inspires people to stretch beyond their comfort zone
- Resolve highly complex business problems
- Drive programs that impact markets
- Work with executive management to integrate business development opportunities
- Develop business strategies that achieve overall long term vision
- Demonstrate leadership in the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team to ensure peak performance
- Identify and invest in high-potential talent
- Define roles and responsibilities required to execute the plan
- Ensure best practice training and development which drives required processes, knowledge and skills
- Conduct effective pipeline analysis and forecast reviews
- Conduct win-loss reviews in order to develop best practice winning strategies and tactics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current leader of an Actuarial Practice at a market-leading actuarial consulting firm with proven track record of growth and sales achievement
- Recognized as an actuarial/healthcare visionary leader, national expert in the industry Strong ability to deliver consistent YOY growth in excess of 10%
- Willingness to travel extensively to drive client engagements and close large deals
- Drive thought leadership from an actuarial perspective
- ASA or FSA designation
- 15+ years of Actuarial experience
- Medicare expertise
- 10+ years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated success in managing and growing a P&L
- Strong ability to lead initiatives
- Extensive experience in planning and business development, market research and analysis, and mergers and acquisitions
- Strong people skills with direct experience in successfully managing client facing/growth initiatives within highly matrixed organizations
- Proven ability to develop and implement growth strategy and obtain organizational support
- Experience developing growth and business development strategies
- Master's degree
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: senior level consulting Actuarial job, Actuary, math, statistical, healthcare, modeling, pricing, reserving, consultant, trending, forecasting, analysis, SQL, SAS, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, travel, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, New York, NY, Denver, CO, Colorado