The Chief Financial Officer directs Jennersville Hospital’s financial planning and operations as well as maintain positive relationships with key external constituents and constituents within Tower Health.Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Hospital CEO, leadership, and staff in developing Hospital’s strategic plans to include the financial planning component.
- Collaborate with Tower Health CFO, Finance and other Tower Health departments.
- Direct Hospital's budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Evaluate the organization's financial position and issues regular reports on the organization's financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Develop and implements financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Assure implementation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures.
- Supervise the analysis of costs and makes rate recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the organization's annual tax and other reports. Prepare and present financial results to Hospital's Board of Trustees and other key groups.
- Educate staff on financial management principles as necessary.
- Observe professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired concerning the personal, financial, medical, or employment status of patients of the Hospital and their families.
- Supervise through effective leadership the following Hospital functions: Information Systems, Health Information Management (HIM) including Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI), Patient Access, General Accounting (including Accounts Payable and Payroll), and Materials Management.
- Participate in the financial and functional decision-making process necessary to the successful attainment of the Hospital’s mission.
- Develop, maintain and monitor an effective internal control system that safeguards the Hospital’s assets.
- Advise other members of the Senior Management team as well as subordinate management on financial matters affecting the efficient and effective operation of the Hospital.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in healthcare financial matters that could have an impact on the financial success of the Hospital through continuing education, participation in corporate training and development, and an effective program of personal growth.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or relevant field required. CPA and/or Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare finance required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the principles of financial management.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting processes and systems.
Strong understanding of governmental and health care fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making.
- Demonstrate effective relationship-building and communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
- Foster a positive work environment.
- Effectively collaborate with others.
- Effectively delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.