SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com
SCA makes decisions through the lens of fulfilling its mission to care for patients, serve physicians, and improve healthcare in America. It achieves this mission by focusing on its core values of clinical quality, integrity, service excellence, teamwork, accountability and continuous improvement.
This highly visible role will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for the Clinical Operations department and working across the SCA team and enterprise to execute on the Clinical Strategy and Plan. This role offers the opportunity for a unique individual with creativity and strong business and clinical acumen to make a significant and meaningful impact. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Nursing Officer / Chief Nursing Executive will be an integral member of the SCA leadership team and work with the OptumCare clinical leaders across the country.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive a culture of accountability throughout SCA and SCA-partnered facilities to deliver clinical quality and clinical efficiency at the highest level
- Partner with teammates across the enterprise to identify and develop clinical leaders to meet near-term and long-term strategic objectives
- Work with SCA’s Chief Medical Officer to develop and execute SCA’s Clinical Strategy and implement clinical innovation initiatives
- Engage with SCA’s Payor and Strategy team to articulate to health plans the patient protocols and evidence-based medicine for procedures new to the outpatient environment
- Work collaboratively across SCA and OptumCare’s enterprise to influence and lead clinical efforts to improve healthcare in the communities we serve
- Oversee collection and reporting of clinical quality metrics and clinical outcomes
- Revise and update CQI metric definitions as needed
- Utilize data and predictive analytics to craft tool kits and clinical leadership development based on industry and company trends
- Develop standardized reports for broader dissemination internally and externally
- In partnership with Information Technology, tefine Clinical IT system strategy
- Achieve targets for patient satisfaction, survey performance, physician engagement, and CQI
- Develop and achieve clinical outcomes with evidence equal or superior relative to hospital environment, to include:
- Infection rate
- Complication rate
- Hospital admissions / transfer rate
- Re-operation rate
- Post-surgical SNF utilization
- Quality of life (e.g., pain relief, return to function, return to work)
- Lead and influence key industry and national associations
- Engage with SCA’s CMO to engage in and publish clinical studies
- Develop and maintain the clinical operations center of excellence, to include:
- SCA standards and best practices for clinical technical support (accreditation, clinical policy and processes, credentialing) and operational improvement (clinical quality and clinical efficiency measures)
- Develop and codify internal knowledge network for key clinical topics
- Organize and maintain “knowledge nodes” and reference resources
- Create and maintain central clinical operations knowledge “libraries” e.g., teammate onboarding
- Develop service line implementation playbooks
- Develop talent across the clinical organization:
- Responsible for group clinical lead talent assessment and development
- Iterate new clinical leader onboarding and facility clinical onboarding
- Define Director of Nursing and other clinical role profiles / accountabilities / assessment frameworks for the enterprise
- Oversight of Clinical Leadership Development programs
- Partner with One World Surgery to support clinical needs and training for SCA’s Medical Missions
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) or CRNA, PT, DNP
- MSN or MBA
- 15 years’ clinical experience
- Minimum 10 years of management experience; 8 years at the Director level or above
- 5 years’ of experience in the ASC industry and / or perioperative environment
- Experience managing multiple centers or a group of hospital outpatient centers
- Knowledge of external regulatory requirements and compliance with Medicare Services (CMS), Chapter 13, state regulatory compliance, HEDIS and CAHPS reporting requirements, AAAHC, Joint Commission and CMS surveys
- Ability to represent SCA on a national stage to industry groups, accreditation bodies, etc.
Ability to build and cultivate strong relationships with external strategic partners and physicians
Must be able to travel 50% of the time
Proven track record of building a high performing team
- Creative problem solver
- High degree of flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations with poise, understanding and tact
Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, process orientation, and execution skills
Passionate about changing healthcare in America
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, Outpatient, Management, Director, Leadership, Hospital, Clinical, ASC, Perioperative, Regulatory, Quality, Strategy