The Chief Operating Officer responsible for completion of specific projects as assigned; is responsible for coordinating facility and program planning and has responsibilities for certain assigned functions, operations, and support services departments. Duties include participating in budget preparation, administering and assisting in hospital policy formulation, and representing the hospital at various professional, civic and governmental organizationsResponsibilities
- Oversight for the operational departments of the hospital. Work with the nursing and quality leadership to maximize efficiency and patient flow through the hospital.
- Assists in coordinating planning activities within the hospital; including development of the hospital’s long range plan
- Directs, organizes and evaluates functions of assigned departments; interprets hospital policies and objectives to guide department managers to meet goals.
- Handles detailed, complex concepts and problems and makes rapid decisions regarding administrative issues
- Plans and implements programs on hospital-wide basis.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to meet various demands of executive management within hospital.
- Develops smooth and constructive interface relationships with executives, colleagues, as well as outside agencies, organizations and individuals
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development
- Demonstrates the ability to act as project manager for service line development
- Works effectively as a part of the team, participates and supports group efforts
- Assists the CEO in other functions as requested or assigned.
- Assists the President & CEO with the management of key community relationships.
- Works with the President & CEO
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related degree required. Master’s degree in hospital and/or health care administration preferred. A minimum of five years of recent hospital experience in a director level position required. Knowledge of technical and professional skills management and hospital operations required.
Works with hospital administrative and management team, medical staff, Tower Health COO, hospital Board of Trustees, community representatives, and vendors as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Strong critical thinking capabilities
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong team leader and team player
- Ability to multi task
- Possesses general knowledge of human resources management principles.
- Possesses strong business acumen.
- Possesses planning process techniques.
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills.
- Possesses strong relationship building skills.