Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located within a major U.S. Market, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the team of experienced business development/marketing professionals
- Manage growth pipeline
- Work closely with - and provide counsel to - Optum senior leadership regarding market trends, premium distribution, and evolving claims management trends affecting the Workers’ Comp and No-Fault Auto markets
- Meet commitments to shareholders by driving OWCA’s growth in revenue, sales, market share and client “mind share.” Ensure adequate sales pipeline growth and close rates to meet and exceed business objectives
- Formulate go-to-market strategies and identifies opportunities for new clients, markets and service offerings. Collaborate in the development of value proposition materials for products. Translates strategies into actionable client development plan(s)
- Collaborate with the enterprise solutions business development group and consulting practice leaders on sales and client strategy
- Coordinate tracking and distribution of client leads and market penetration sales reports and the appropriate utilization of sales support systems and tools (prospect list, pipeline, Salesforce activity reports/updates for new and prospective workers’ compensation and no-fault auto clients
- Coordinate with the product leaders and corporate marketing on the execution of marketing strategy, including though not limited to client forums, information on new solutions, competition, markets, and demand trends
- Actively engage client and potential client executives, building sustainable, long-term relationships based on the business value Optum brings our clients
- Provide exceptional people leadership with a focus on engaging, developing and retaining key executives as well as attracting top talent into the organization
- Identify internal and external talent with the required capabilities to succeed as Sales and Account Management positions and develop said employees in their new roles
- Manage and grow specific, named key Workers’ Compensation and No-Fault Auto Sector Healthcare clients
- Help establish the brand and visibility of OWCA in the market by providing leadership in external market activities such as writing white papers, delivering speeches to industry forums, and assisting in formulating and positioning future innovative offerings
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) from a recognized academic institution in a relevant competency is required for consideration
- 10+ years of experience in sales leadership in the Healthcare industry
- 10+ years with an established, nationally recognized firm/company
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a business in the fast-evolving Healthcare solutions marketplace
- Significant experience working with, or in a Managed Care organization at the Executive, or Director/VP Level. Capable of developing relationships at the C-Suite level
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated P&L - or revenue - management experience
- Establishes aggressive goals and delivers results. Proven track record of exceeding expectations and growth goals
- Exceptional people leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop and motivate top talent and work collaboratively across the organization in a highly matrixed environment. Ability to lead the organization through change initiatives - deals well with ambiguity
- Values-driven individual in alignment with Optum’s values and culture
- Previous partnering / alliance creation and consideration experience - externally and internally, with a comfort level working as a prime and subcontractor, as necessary or relevant
- Confident and at ease calling on and connecting with C-Level executives
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with an ability to work effectively with a diversity of personalities. Must be approachable, show respect for others and be able to present data with effective communication and presentation skills. Must be a solid consensus builder
- Proven proposal management skills with a history of developing creative and profitable approaches; politically savvy
- Excellent analytical skills - understands how to collect, analyze and leverage data to achieve business objectives
- Master’s Degree
- Thorough understanding of Managed Care
- Differentiate the Business in the Marketplace: Identifies and pursues new market opportunities to drive organic growth. Leverages products and services from across the enterprise to create market-leading customer solutions. Leverages core OWCA assets and properties to create unique, market-differentiating solutions
- Drive a Client Focused Culture: Drives the organization to deliver industry-leading customer service and satisfaction. Focuses the organization on attracting and retaining customers. Champions the importance of maximizing the customer experience
- Establish Organizational Focus and Direction: Develops business strategy and plans that support the organization’s overall mission and goals. Communicates the direction of the business clearly and consistently to all levels. Ensures that all work efforts are focused on achieving the business’s goals
- Drive Organizational Execution: Deploys and redeploys resources among business units to drive organizational efficiency. Operates effectively within a matrixed organization. Identifies obstacles impeding goal achievements and acts quickly to remove them
- Builds Organizational Talent: Identifies internal and external candidates who have or can develop the required capabilities to succeed quickly. Places people in the appropriate positions to meet current and future business needs. Readily imports and exports top talent to meet the evolving needs of the enterprise
- Lead Organizational Change: Champions the need for change, clearly communicating its rationale and urgency. Diagnoses the organization’s readiness for change, and adapts change plans accordingly. Builds organizational capability to respond quickly to emerging opportunities
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Chief Revenue Office, Norristown, PA, Pennsylvania, Tampa, FL, Florida, Westerville, OH, Ohio, Salt Lake City, UT, Utah, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, US Telecommute