Child and Adolescent Autism Services Technician
Primary Location: United States-MN-MNSaint Cloud
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
REM Central Lakes
"If they can't learn the way we teach, we teach the way they learn." ~ Dr. O. Ivar Lovaas
Northway Academy is seeking Registered Behavior Technician's to join our team of dedicated professionals.
An ideal candidate would possess one of the following credentials:
· Have a doctoral or master’s degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health, child development or related fields (e.g., mental health, special education, social work, psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy)
· Be a Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctoral™ (BCBA-D™) or a Board Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA®) from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. (BACB®)
· Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in behavioral health, child development or a related field (e.g., mental health, special education, social work, psychology, speech pathology, occupational therapy, etc.) and advanced certification in one of the DHS-recognized treatment modalities.
· Be a Board Certified assistant Behavior Analyst® (BCaBA®) from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. (BACB®) and have 4,000 hours of supervised clinical experience that meets all registration, supervision and continuing education requirements of the certification.
- Full-Time (limited part time)
- No Weekends
This position provides one-on-one Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism. We are looking for fun, energetic, and patient individuals to work with children on a day-to-day basis. This job will include:
- Teaching daily living skills
- Teaching social interaction skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Teaching basic school readiness
- Teaching self-management skills
- Behavior management techniques
- Complete session progress notes
- Accurate collection of on-going data
- Preparing stimuli for sessions
- Maintain organization on an on-going basis
- Must be 18 years of age
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Must meet and provide evidence of a Level I or Level II provider credentials (to be discussed)
- Compassionate with an ability to set boundaries
- Reliable and committed to making a difference for individuals and their families
- Warm personality that is approachable and easily assimilates into various teams
- Team player with an ability to work well with others to accomplish goals
- Quick learner who can learn strategies that will best support the program and individuals served
- Maintains a professional work ethic
- DHS EIDBI Benefit - Level I Provider (to be discussed)
- DHS EIDBI Benefit - Level II Provider (to be discussed)
Make a difference every day by providing quality of life enhancing care. Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or just a big heart and a willingness to learn, we want to hear from you!
We offer a rewarding work environment and full time schedules available with benefits for those working over 30 hours per week. Northway Academy is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers with career opportunities in 36 states.
If you are creative and fun, have energy and are looking to work with children with Autism and various challenges, we are looking for you!