Child and Family Specialist
Primary Location: CA-CAPalmdale-1529 E Palmdale Blvd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here! As the Child and Family Specialist for California MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully provide guidance to the identified child and family as a mentor/coach/advocate. Hours are variable based on the needs of the families you provide services for. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Description Job Responsibilities:
• Provides in-home and community based supports under the periodic guidance of the clinical supervisor, develop conceptualization for each assigned case (in conjunction with the treatment team)
• Attend review hearings as well as child and family team meetings; make recommendations based on plan observations
• Prepare child for Child and Family Team activities and advocate for child’s needs as a full and active member of the Child and Family Team
• Assist in connecting child and family to community resources
• Pursue case goals utilizing various resources: community supports, resource family life, supplemental counseling, psychiatric services, therapeutic activities, etc.
• Regularly evaluate child/family progress and periodically meet with treatment team to review cases
• Advocate for child and family’s needs and best interests by assisting in the identification of service gaps and community resources to meet identified needs
• Maintain appropriate and required documentation consistent with accreditation and Department of Child Services treatment and Medi-CAL standards.
• Keep placing agency workers informed about family and child’s progress, major crises, etc.
• Interact with schools, parks and recreation and other community resources
• Work with Foster Families Build and maintain positive, supportive, and encouraging working relationships with resource families
• Direct resource to families in their efforts to be therapeutic in their work with those placed in their home
• Manage conflict and family crises through reference to family safety plan
• Attend resource family trainings; co-facilitate training and/or activities for children
• Facilitate independent living youth in securing entitlements and other collateral resources
• Prepare each foster child for the identified permanency goal in a developmentally appropriate manner in conjunction with other service providers including the referring agency staff and therapist when applicable
• Enhance foster child functioning by providing basic counseling, psycho-education, skills training, etc.
• Provide mentoring and teaching resources:
• Coordinate development and implementation of family goal plan including:
• Nurturing/parenting skills
• Problem-solving/conflict resolution skills
• Child development
• Self-esteem concepts
• Safety plan for children and parents
• Includes objectives for growth in family’s assets
• Includes issues as well as basic needs
What we require of you:
• Associate Arts degree in Human Services, Social Work or Psychology plus one year experience working with high risk youth; or a high school diploma (or GED) plus three (3) years’ experience working with high risk youth.
• Reliable transportation
• Auto insurance that complies with the state policy concerning minimum car insurance coverage
• Valid driver’s license in good standing
• Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. California MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!