ABOUT THE JOB The Retail Management Store Customer Experience job family ensures an enjoyable, convenient and successful shopping and buying experience that leads to increased sales and sustained long-term profitability, as well as establish and retain a life-long relationship with existing and new customers. Optimizes the IKEA shopping experience to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. This job is also responsible for enhancing customer satisfaction with efficiency and empathy in Smaland as well as supporting loyalty team events.
YOUR ASSIGNMENT Your tasks will include:
- Interacts and monitors the children who are signed into the play facility.
- Strictly adheres to all of the IKEA play facility and safety & security policy and procedures, while participating and entertaining children with games and other approved activities.
- Facilitates an easy buying process for customers.
- Solves customer complaints within level of authorization and recognizes the need to escalate an issue to a Manager.
- Communicates to manager on issues, concerns, and incidences with regard to safety and security of the children and ensures the IKEA store is a safe and secure environment at all times for visitors and co-workers.
- Records information accurately so that the resulting analysis can be used to make improvements to customers’ future shopping experiences.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- CPR First Aid
- Previous retail selling experience preferred.
- Problems solving skills.
- Strong understanding of what excellent customer service looks like.
- Passion for home furnishings.
- Ability to handle customer enquiries
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize my work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available.
- Experience of actively selling through understanding customers and their needs.
- Computer literate and interested in new applications and tools.
- Has a passion for working with children and parents.