You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Knowledge of medical claims coding (CPT, ICD-10, etc) with experience of applying that knowledge in HealthCare Insurance industry
- Knowledge of Healthcare Insurance forms (CMS-1500, UB-04, etc.)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 6:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday
- Prior medical claims processing experience
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive, and meet quality standards
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: claims, processing, medical, healthcare, Optum, United Healthcare