Imagine this. Everyday, in claims centers around the world, UnitedHealth Group is processing and resolving payment information for millions of transactions. Would you think we have some great technology? Would you think we know how to manage volume? You would be right. No one’s better. And no company has put together better teams of passionate, energetic and all out brilliant Claims Representatives. This is where you come in. We’ll look to you to maintain our reputation for service, accuracy and a positive claims experience. We’ll back you with great training, support and opportunities.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (6:00am to 6:00pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2716 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Provide expertise or general claims support by reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims
- Analyze and identify trends and provide reports as necessary
- Consistently meet established productivity, schedule adherence and quality standards
This is a challenging role that takes an ability to thoroughly review, analyze and research complex health care claims in order to identify discrepancies, verify pricing, confirm prior authorizations and process them for payment. You’ll need to be comfortable navigating across various computer systems to locate critical information. Attention to detail is critical to ensure accuracy, which will impact the timely processing of the member's claim.
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR equivalent years of work experience
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate multiple programs and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 1+ year of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- 1+ year experience processing medical, dental, prescription or mental health claims
Making claims a positive experience for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: Healthcare, health care, Managed Care, Billing Representative, Billing, Collections, Claims, Customer Service, Medical Billing