Flexible? Friendly? Fast on your feet? That's a great start. Accurate?
Accountable? Self Directed? These traits can take you places. Our claims
operations are the focal point of handling information about services patients
receive and the way those services get paid. It's complex, detailed work. It's
fast paced challenge. It's a job that calls on you to be thoughtful,
resourceful, team - driven and customer - focused. To put it mildly, there is never
a dull moment.
Claims Representatives are responsible for providing expertise or general claims support to teams in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting claims. Employees in this role will generate and distribute correspondence and will refer claims to investigators for further review. Conducts data entry and re - work; analyzes and identifies trends and provides reports as necessary.
- Provide general claims examiner support by generating and distribution of correspondence, scanning / filing, mail distribution, answering phone calls and scheduling appointments
- Enter appropriate payment or refer claims to examiners for further review
- Consistently meet established productivity timelines and quality standards
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintains effective diary system for the timely production of appropriate processes
- Types and copies form letters to claimants, insurers and physicians, and sends appropriate documentation
- Obtains appropriate reports required for filing notices
- Accurately and appropriately documents both paper and electronic file notes
- May handle a claims caseload and process medical only claims
- May calculate appropriate benefits both scheduled and unscheduled
School Diploma / GED or higher
- 3+ years of experience with general clerical duties
- 1+ years of experience with workers compensation
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting / filtering), Word (creating documents, templates, lists), and Outlook (send / receive email, create tasks, update calendar, set out of office)
- Flex scheduling; M - F; 8 hour shifts; 7am - 4pm or 8am - 5pm
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with
the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a
difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every
day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and
solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll
help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a
wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to
go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: medical claims, healthcare claims, claims representative, claims rep, claims processing, claims processor; UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth care, training, classes