Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
In providing consumer-oriented
health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher
quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you
will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and
personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So, take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Positions in this function are
responsible for providing expertise or general claims support to teams in
reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and adjusting
claims. Authorizes the appropriate payment or refers claims to investigators
for further review. Conducts data entry and re-work; analyzes and identifies
trends and provides reports as necessary.
- Plan for, develop, and manage the quality and productivity of Production (claim) teams
- Align with key business partners to serve the customer(s)
- Foster and maintain a collaborative relationship with internal and external customers to ensure customer satisfaction and profitability; work with business partners to identify ways to improve business processes
- Drive successful business results and customer satisfaction
- Assist in building, reviewing and adhering to the annual business plan
- Control expenses and increase profitability via productivity and quality gains
- Share best practices with other teams and sites; apply as appropriate
- Work with the Supervisor and teams to ensure performance guarantees are met
- Ensure the Production Team / Supervisors continually improve their performance and organization meets Service Level; agreements / performance guarantee goals
- Ensure team is aligned to and meeting the goals of the business plan
- Organize and direct quality work efforts
- Maximize team performance against site objective
- Review team's work results and pattern of handling claims queues and adjustments
- Partner with supervisors to ensure teams are meeting production and quality metrics
- Use appropriate controls to manage the team's production
- Provide strategic guidance for the production organization
- Play a leadership role by implementing action plans to increase quality and productivity
- Accomplish annual business plans including operating budgets
- Effectively provide direction for the teams
- Communicate site business objectives and results
- Enable team to develop and complete their plan in support of site objectives
- Negotiate solutions and resolves conflicts
- Anticipate and handle critical situations
- Meet with teams on a regular basis and share responsibility for surfacing and resolving opportunities / issues
- Work with staff members to analyze results and help guide team when necessary
- Motivate individuals and team to provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain a positive work environment that supports high performing teams and rewards people based on performance
- Establish personal credibility with other executives and the team members
- Provide frequent formal and informal coaching sessions with supervisors
- Work with supervisors to create a performance improvement / development plan that focuses on increasing job competency
- Address strategies to assist them to attract, develop and retain their staff
- Develop employees and teams in areas such as project management, meeting facilitation, interviewing, etc.
- Participate in salary budget discussions and decisions
- Provide coaching to supervisors based on production and quality results and develop improvement plans when needed, use the employee scorecard as appropriate during 1 on 1 meetings
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience in a leadership role, managing staff and processes
- Ability create, copy, edit, send, and save within Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work with pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in transaction operation / transaction-based work environment
- Prior experience managing National Account transaction team
- Six Sigma and Lean training
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Supervisor Claims, UnitedHealth Group, Richardson, TX