Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
In an environment where the client is at the center of everything that we do, individuals in this position typically work in a call center environment to respond to clients or their representatives. Research is needed for all billing issues in order to respond and resolve disputes timely and while providing client satisfaction. Billing is an ever changing environment that requires quick thinking, proactive actions. Each day welcomes new challenges that need to be approached with an open mind and drive to meet our customers’ needs.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with customers (e.g., provide a good first impression, command attention and respect, maintain professional tone, demonstrate confidence, de-escalate/defuse customers as needed)
- Answer calls from clients, regarding disputes, credit card payments, pricing and other general concerns on a daily basis
- Out bound calls will be made to clients, Sales, Quest labs, and other internal customers with information on billing issues and resolution
- Phone and Email mailbox duties will be processed concurrently to ensure all billing inquiries are researched and resolved. This includes verbal and written correspondence, noting outcomes in billing system and communicating escalated issues to the Supervisor and/or Sales Manager
- Unbilled claims must be researched for missing billing criteria to ensure accurate client statements
- Active communication amongst the team must take place ensure consistent coverage of phones, internal and external mailboxes, which includes adhering to a set lunch schedule
- Process correspondence via mail, fax or paper requests, handling billing disputes and researching payments
- Work directly with the Collection Coordinators to process adjustments, manual sales and refunds for accurate invoicing and assisting with the collection of small balances
- Develop and maintain productive relationships/interactions with customers, both internal and external
- All aspects of research need to take place for accurate resolution which includes but not limited to, pulling lab requisitions, requesting check pulls from the Cash team, reviewing account activity and notes in billing system, accessing the Quest online invoicing system (eInvoice), reviewing prior emails in internal and external mailboxes, direct contact with clients, Quest labs, Accounts Payable, Sales reps, Account Managers, local Quest standard business units and Quest non-standard business units
- Work directly with the ES Business Unit to educate them on billing practices and protocols for accurate communication to clients
- Thorough navigation of both Quest Billing System and the web Production and Quality based position
- Timely and accurate follow up to all impacted parties (internal and/or external) that provides an explanation of resolution and requested information is mandatory
- Maintain and follow SOP’s
- Maintain ongoing communications with customers during the resolution process to communicate status updates and other required information
- Maintain focus on customer interactions without being distracted by other factors
- Follow Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
- Ability to meet production (and track daily) and quality standards
- Additional projects and processes will be assigned as necessary to meet business needs
- High School Diploma (or higher)
- 1+ years of healthcare billing experience
- PC skills, with specific proficiency in Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents) and Microsoft Excel (creating and editing spreadsheets, working with formulas)
- Ability to work between the operating hours of 7:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Friday (Can have a flexible start time between 7:00 am - 9:00 am depending on personal preference)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing, client support, customer service, Quest, OptumInsight, client services