Client Financial Specialist
Primary Location: NJ-NJSomerset-80 Cottontail Ln
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
New Jersey MENTOR
- Maintains individual (consumer) financial records including financial reports, bank statements, budgets, and benefit reporting, and ensures that financial records are complete and accurate.
- Conducts monthly reviews and completes financial statements for individuals by request. Ensures individual client finances are managed effectively and appropriately.
- Ensures individual total assets remain within the designated maximum amount to maintain Medicaid and other funding benefits.
- Pays individual bills (e.g.: rent, electricity, water, gas, garbage, cable, co-pays on medical and medication, etc) on or before assigned due dates.
- Coordinates financial services for new individuals and all individuals leaving services.
- Completes application for, report changes to, and coordinates benefit information for each individual as necessary (Social Security Benefits, Public Financial Assistance, Food Stamps, Rent Subsidy, etc). Sends paycheck earning information to Social Security as needed.
- Dispenses each individual’s routine expense and personal spending money as deemed by the individual’s money management plan.
- Associate’s Degree in accounting or business and one year accounting experience or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.