An integral piece of the Advisory Board’s growth strategy is to continue to build larger, deeper, and more impactful relationships with our provider members. Research Client Management is a dedicated group focused on serving and renewing the portfolios of our Research members. These teams share four distinct accountabilities: account planning, relationship cultivation, renewal performance, and coordinating with product and delivery colleagues to ensure that we are best serving and impacting our members.
The Client Management Advisor is a member of a relationship management team, interacting with member institutions and coordinating internal activities in order to secure membership renewals, deliver service, and demonstrate value. The Research Advisor supports a Research Director in hitting aggressive renewal goals by ensuring that service strategies are carried out beyond expectation, and member needs and are surfaced and addressed quickly and proactively.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
Commercial Contribution: Renewals
- Support renewal conversations through deep knowledge of portfolio, providing intel in advance of member interactions, and participating in creation of intel-based account planning
- Help design and execute a strategic plan for generating sales leads, tailor product campaigns, work collaboratively to refine product messaging
- Participate in warm lead strategy to assist in the cultivation of new business opportunities
- Own renewal conversations, strategy, negotiation, contracting for subset of members as delegated
- Execute on strategies for merchandising Advisory Board services and deliverables to member institutions
- Secure contracts and corresponding service terms that meet performance goals including CV growth and contract terms and price
- Achieve client renewal goals on an annual basis
- Support Research Director in gathering membership knowledge and intelligence for executive-level and below executive-level contacts
- Represent the Advisory Board in-person at member institutions, membership training, new member onboarding
- Further member work and commercial success through research service execution
- Strong understanding and knowledge of member service plans across research memberships Conduct new member onboarding processes to ensure expectations are met and communicate progress against research initiatives
- Handle expert meeting recruitment of C-suite executives and other key member contacts
- Interact directly with member to address member requests related to current or potential portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University (or higher)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client sites
- Willingness to travel up to 30% (nationwide)
- Must possess a minimum of 2 year’s post undergrad experience in at least two of the following:
- Managing multiple clients
- Sales or sales support
- Proven contract negotiation skills
- Diagnosis and solution generation to overcome obstacles
- Collaborating with and influencing others in complex organizations
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with senior executives via presentations
- Leadership or management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of health care subject matter
Clearly demonstrated strengths in persuasion, oral/written communications and sales production
Proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
Experience finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: client management, client, strategizing, planning, project, advisor, sales, sales support, client service