An integral piece of the Advisory Board’s growth strategy is to continue to build larger, deeper, and more impactful relationships with our provider clients. Research Client Management is a dedicated group focused on serving and renewing the portfolios of our Research clients. These teams share four distinct accountabilities: account planning, relationship cultivation, renewal performance, and coordinating with product and delivery colleagues to ensure that we are best serving and impacting our clients.
The Client Management Advisor is a member of a relationship management team, interacting with client institutions and coordinating internal activities in order to secure membership renewals, deliver service, and demonstrate value. The Client Management Advisor supports a Research Director in hitting aggressive renewal goals by ensuring that service strategies are carried out beyond expectation, and client needs and are surfaced and addressed quickly and proactively.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
Primary Responsibilities:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Commercial Contribution: Renewals
- Lead renewal conversations, strategy, negotiation, and contracting in partnership with Research Director, leveraging deep knowledge of portfolio, providing intel in advance of client interactions, and participating in creation of intel-based account planning
- Secure annual renewal of membership contracts and corresponding service terms at a rate that meets or exceeds given performance goals, including renewal rates in $4+ million territory
- Help design and execute a strategic plan for generating sales leads, tailor product campaigns, work collaboratively to refine product messaging
- Participate in warm lead strategy to assist in the cultivation of new business opportunities
- Execute on strategies for merchandising Advisory Board services and deliverables to client institutions
- Own executive relationships and represent the Advisory Board in-person at client institutions, membership training, new client onboarding
- Gather membership knowledge and intelligence for executive-level and below executive-level contacts
- Further client work and commercial success through research service execution
- Establish and executive specific initiatives outlined in client service plans
- Conduct new client onboarding processes to ensure expectations are met and communicate progress against research initiatives
- Handle expert meeting recruitment of C-suite executives and other key client contacts
- Interact directly with client to address client requests related to current or potential portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited College/University
- Willingness to travel up to 30% (nationwide/overnight)
- 18+ months of combined post undergrad experience in managing multiple clients and sales/sales support
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with senior executives via presentations
- Experience using MS Excel (sort/filter, data entry, create/edit spreadsheets), MS Word (create/edit documents, work with templates), and MS Outlook (send emails, update calendar, create signatures)
- Negotiation skills and experience
- Knowledge of healthcare subject matter
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience in a goal oriented and deadline driven environment
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Detail oriented
- Solid communication skills
- Goal/number oriented
- Process driven
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: client, client management, customer service, sales, sales support, process, deadline, communication, negotiation, organization, detail oriented