The Client Retention Specialist will be responsible for reaching out to clients who are "at risk" of discontinuing service or who may have already discontinued service, in an effort to retain them through a positive and empathetic approach. Conduct outbound calls to clients and provide first call resolution to retain client's loyalty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct outbound calls to clients who are identified as “at risk”.
- Engage the customer to understand their experience and determine next resolution steps to retain the client.
- Through an empathetic approach and the utilization of retention tools (i.e. coupons, scheduling an appointment with a higher certified tax pro etc.) gain commitment from the client to schedule a tax appointment.
- Collect key information from the client regarding their experience with H&R Block to aide in identifying trends of possible service breaks.
- Address any potential negative feedback or comments.
- Meet customer service level agreements (SLAs) for responsiveness and resolution.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to improve customer retention
- Two (2) years of customer service experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Date entry skills
- Dedicated and passionate about customer satisfaction and success.
- Strong team player who works collaboratively within and external to team to resolve issues and drive success.
- Excellent verbal, persuasive and written communication skills, with proven ability to ‘listen’
- Takes pride in work and pays close attention to detail.
- Shows flexibility and can adapt to changing business needs.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter, self-directed and independent thinker.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- College degree
- Client retention experience
- Call center experience
- Ability to field high stress calls while providing an exceptional customer service experience
- Knowledge of CRM or Salesforce tools preferred
- Experience in the tax industry