At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm) Optum Care Medical Group serve the communities within Orange and southern Los Angeles counties. The combined medical group is composed of 15 practices with more than 90 physicians and mid-level providers. From pediatric and adolescent medicine, to adult and senior care, Optum Care Medical Group strive to provide a higher level of service through our unique, patient-driven model. The Clinic Practice Manager will be responsible for overall practice management and administration of assigned and supervision of 22 staff members, and 12 multi-specialty providers. Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. Clinic has Urgent Care hours 7 days per week: Mon-Fri- 5pm-9pm Sat/Sun- 10am-4pm. Must be available for questions during those hours if needed. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage clinical operations for one or more OptumCare Medical Group (OCMG) clinics.
- Develop, plan, and organize all day-to-day activities of the clinical office(s).
- Responsible for managing daily assigned clinic operations related to patient care according to OCMG clinical practice standards, and established policies and procedures.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate staff and activities to provide quality and effective patient care.
- Foster effective and courteous communication with providers, staff, OCMG support team, vendors, and administration on all related matters to clinical operations.
- Improving clinic operations to optimize financial and quality performance and increase provider productivity. The responsibility includes supervision of operationally related oversight of clinic staff (clinical and ancillary staff).
- Participate and support in process improvement initiatives, and LEAN processes design and conduct monthly staff and provider meetings to enhance practice communication
- Maintain compliance with established healthcare industry regulatory, licensure, and accreditation standards
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or related field or 5+ years in healthcare management experience in an ambulatory setting.
- 5+ years of progressive medical practice experience
- 3+ years managerial/supervisory experience,
- 3+ years knowledge of insurance and medical terminology, coding, collections, and federal/state laws governing medical compliance
- Prior experience working with an electronic health record and billing system, including data and vendor management
- Current RN