What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. You'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting.
As a Clinical Abstractor you'll be able to expand and apply knowledge of NCQA Technical Specification for Medical Record Review. This career gives you the opportunity to share in a mission that inspires. You'll see your ideas come to life and your achievements recognized. You won't find tougher challenges and you won't find smarter people working together to solve them. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Apply NQCA Technical Specification knowledge when abstracting Medical Record data
- Demonstrate and continually apply independent clinical critical thinking skills
- Participate in HEDIS audits
- Participate in hands on Clinical trainings
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Ensure Quality Assurance (QA) standards are met at the measure level
- When quality issues are identified, you will work hand in hand with the Clinical Training team to close the gap and ensure that quality assurance levels return to expected levels of acceptability
- Licensed clinical professional such as LPN, RN, RRT, etc.
- License must be active and unrestricted in the state of residence
- 1+ years of experience in a health care delivery organization, such as a managed care organization
- 1+ years of HEDIS experience, performing a wide range of functions with strong focus on medical record review and clinical oversight
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft applications such as excel, word, etc.
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during HEDIS season
- Knowledgeable of current trends in HEDIS in managed health care helpful
- Knowledgeable of NCQA, Stars, HEDIS, HOS and CAHPS requirements helpful
- Knowledgeable in ICD-9-CM, CPT, DRG, LOINC, HCPCS, TOB, POS, NDC coding helpful
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Job Keywords: LPN, RN, RRT, HEDIS, STARS, Clinical Abstractor, Telecommute